Google Trends can provide interesting results, as with Steve Rubel's 25 things in society's psyche post. So here are 9 BI industry trends.
1) Cognos and Business Objects are neck and neck, except Cognos is in the news more often.
2) There is double the popularity in DW than BI when in Pakistan, Indonesia, and Thailand.
3) And MIS jumps even higher in that area of the world.
4) Microsoft is still bigger than Oracle (both are searched more than IBM).
5) Almost no one has interest in ROLAP. Is OLAP now the winner?
6) Kimball is more popular than Inmon. Or is Kimball, the name, just more common.
7) Dominican Republic and Netherlands look for BPM more but overall BI searches are higher.
8) Informatica is untouchable, except when the giant SAS enters the picture.
9) Six Sigma out weighs Balance Scorecard by... well, alot. And India sure is looking for process improvement information.
And one from Steve's post...
Google is bigger than God?